Spanish Speaking Ground Operations Executive
|Remuneration:||Market related |
|Company:||ABC Worldwide (Pty) Ltd|
The position of ground operations executive is to provide support to the ground operations manager particularly as concerns routine tasks in the operations department of the company.Job purpose
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Carry out the administrative function of operating a file in the destination
- Interacting with the travelling customer and the agent to ensure the effective delivery of contracted services
- Supporting the ground operations manager in performing various ground operations tasks
- Create itineraries based on information in the file. If the information is unclear, revert to the series of files confirmed or directly to the consultant who created the file.
- Completing and handling the diary for those clients arriving, departing or who have booked excursion or days at leisure.
- Block bookings for vehicles and guides for high season regular departures.
- Whenever possible, to actively promote and sell excursions to customers already operating. This is intended to increase the value of the file.
- Arranging of transport and transfers with authorized transporters.
- Contracting and allocation of guides, this includes effecting quality control measures and arriving at guide rankings and suitability measures. Carry out booking of guides for groups.
- Organising reservations and vouchers for restaurants, excursions and car hire, as required.
- Following up on lost luggage, if applicable.
- Handling the emergency phone and following up with effective solutions on all issues.
- Administering, compilation, and analysis of customer questionnaires.
- Preparation of paging boards, menus, and all artistic execution for groups and incentives.
- Pre-running for groups and incentives when required.
- Undertakes translations for menus and itineraries, and for other documents, when required.
- Completion of job expense sheets.
- Booking and reconciliation of optional services – monitoring of commissions – ensuring that invoices match services provided.
- Organise gifts for FITs, honeymooners, special VIPs (eg. hats, wines, etc.), as required.
- Organising and efficient following-up on all legal complaints received through agents and through the company lawyer in Spain.
- Regular interaction with the ground operations manager as concerns coordinating administrative responsibilities and service delivery in the ground operations department of the company.
- Interaction with the reservations department and the groups and incentives department team members on the specifics of any confirmed file that is currently, or will be operating.
- With the accounts department on issues of payments.
Skills and competencies
- With the tour operators on issues regarding the travelling customer.
- With the customer themselves should any issues or problems arise while travelling (ie. through emergency phone).
- With suppliers on the provision of services.
Minimum skills and competencies required for this position are as follows:
- Proactive and strong work ethic.
- Strong customer-centric focus – in terms of working tirelessly for the customer.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to professionally deal with all types of customers (including difficult customers).
- Good working knowledge of Spanish.
- Minimum diploma in tourism and at least two to three years' experience working in ground operations for a destination management company.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Customer care.
- Customer relations.
- Customer support.
- Handling complaints.
- Language translation.
Posted on 13 Jun 11:33
Get job alerts for Operations Executive jobs