|Remuneration:||Basic salary |
A leading company in Durban is looking for an export controller. Core knowledge and skills:
- Matric and three years' ships agency experience(essential requirement)
- Relevant shipping courses
- Fully computer literate
- Excellent customer service/relationship skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Throughout vessel operation (start to finish of a vessel)
- Firming stack dates and following up with all clients
- Ensuring that EDIS are done and Navis cross checked. [Ensure that all bookings are appearing on the Navis system.]
- Firm up all bookings once stacks are firm
- Special containers have to be checked and monitored.
- Assist clients with Pre-advising export containers.
- Capturing data on internal system
- Checking sob, Invoicing clients and releasing Bills of Lading. All EFTS and invoice to be handed over to accounts.
- Ensuring all information for Bills is received timeously and is correct as per Port requirements
- Ensuring POD, IMCO/UN/TEMP/CONSEC codes and vents details as per booking/bill and N76.
- Compiling DG Manifest and Reefer Lists and submitting Reefer List to various POD’s and Ops department
- Preparing Cargo Dues and submitting MTY manifest to Customs and NPA
- Submit full manifests to Customs and NPA after closing vessel
- Completed files should be checked and handed over for auditing.
- Framing CTOs for carrier haulage and ensuring that containers are moved into stack timeously
- Ensuring relevant charges for carrier haulage and ex-stack containers, etc., are collected prior to Bill of Lading being released.
- Notifying clients when vessel stacks are firm, thereafter reconciliation of stack containers vs. non-stack containers
- Responsible for taking the necessary steps for containers to be stacked and arrange late/early arrivals where necessary.
- Stamping client’s CTOs, ensuring POD, weights, IMCO/UN/TEMP/CONSEC codes and vents details as per booking
- Compiling DG Manifest and Reefer Lists and submitting same to Operations
Posted on 19 Jun 13:43
Get job alerts for Export Controller jobs