|Remuneration:||R8000 - R8000 per month Basic salary |
|Benefits:||Medical Aid, Incentive bonuses|
|Type:|| 12 months|
Doctors without Borders (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation committed to two objectives: providing medical assistance to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion, natural and man-made disasters; and speaking out about the plight of the populations assisted. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. Today, MSF is present in more than 60 countries, where thousands of MSF doctors, nurses, logisticians, water-and-sanitation experts, and other medical and non-medical professionals work together to bring essential health services to people caught in humanitarian crises.Job overview
The MSF SA Fundraising Team mission is:
To inspire and engage the South African community to take action to save lives around the world though financial support towards MSF projects.
This position fits into the Priority 1 of the Fundraising strategy:
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Individual giving and to regular giving
- Continue to prioritize reasonable investments on on regular giving via F2F campaigns to generate sustainable, predictable and unrestricted income.
- Reinforce the social base of MSF SA , composed of more than 20.000 committed donors who constitute an important anchorage of MSF in our civil society and offer an essential leverage capacity
- Recruit new regular donors to MSF South Africa together with a team of other canvassers, a coaching assistant and a Team Leader
- Understand and complete the necessary donation forms
- Approach as many members of the public as possible
- Clearly present information about the organization and the yearly campaign to the public
- Offer good customer service to new supporters
- Responsible to fully participate during training days and adapt his/her own pitch & responsible to be up to date thanks to the information provided by the Team Leader/and or the Southern or F2F Coordinator.
- Promote a good image of the organization and the MSF fundraising program
- Responsible for his/her hours and to provide adequate reporting and seek the support of the coaching assistant and Team Leader.
- Responsible to contact the prospects with incomplete forms.
- Responsible to assist Team Leader with specific tasks assigned to canvasser based on area of interests in an ongoing basis (communications, logistics etc.)
- Responsible to meet daily targets
- Attend all trainings (on average: once a month) and team meetings (weekly with the Team Leader, Coaching Assistant) –
- Will attend all weekly, monthly or yearly meetings set up by Team leader, Training Coordinator and F2F coordinator.
- Will take part in MSF performance reviews system.
- Responsible for his/her transport to access to the work location (different every week)
- Responsible to ask for advice or help from Coaching Assistants, Team Leader or Training Coordinator.
- Will be asked to participate to at least on Travel Team a year (average duration of one month).
- Proactively help in MSF office and other events
- Responsible for the team’s and/or individual iPad tracking and safekeeping thereof.
- Responsible to inform F2F coordinator if there are any issues on the App or the iPad.
- Take responsibility for the use of Face to Face materials
Johannesburg and surrounding areas – it includes at least one Travel Team per year located in South Africa (duration: one month).To apply:
Please submit your CV and Cover Letter by 13 December 2017
Posted on 06 Dec 14:56
Get job alerts for Fundraiser jobs