|Remuneration:||R20000 - R30000 per month To be discussed |
|Location:||Cape Town, Woodstock|
|Company:||Talent Magnet | Digital Recruitment|
Our client has conducted research and evaluation studies for more than 75 clients, including government, corporates, international foundations and non-profit/non-governmental organisations in South Africa, the region and internationally. They provide innovative solutions and services to meet the needs of the development sector through the provision of technical assistance. It’s this purpose that unites us as a team.
- Are you committed to social change and making a difference?
- Do you love to travel and promoting new travel/work destinations?
- Do you have strong communications, marketing and social media skills with excellent design ability and creativity?
- Can you use creative data visualization to translate data, research and evaluation findings into engaging, dynamic infographics?
If so, we want to hear from you!
This is an ideal position for a creative who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is committed to producing high quality work with a strong attention to detail, and is able to switch positions on the fly and adapt to many different projects and deadlines. The right candidate will be forward thinking, talented in visual design, social media execution, and digital marketing, and solution-oriented. This role primarily involves creating, updating, and implementing compelling design solutions and written content for the client brands, marketing both brands and contributing to strategic growth.Responsibilities:
- Proactively identify new marketing and communications opportunities and devise strategies to ensure strong brand identity.
- Profile key projects (internships and purposeful travel tours and research and evaluation studies) and showcase how both companies employ best practice in being thought-leaders and innovators in their fields
- Implement and co-ordinate the day to day media, marketing and communications needs for both brands
- Support on design and production of marketing materials
- Produce powerful infographics and use data visualisation to make data more accessible and communicate research & evaluation findings
- Contribute to producing powerful proposals, presentations and reports through design and editing skills
- Draft case studies, narratives and articles and build relationships with travel bloggers and journalists
- Produce content and coordinate all key communication and marketing channels including websites, blogs, newsletters and social media channels with associated SEO monitoring and analytics
- Collaborate with teams and external partners on various projects and campaigns
- Ensure that destinations are optimally marketed and contribute to the planning and launching of new destinations
- Contribute strategically and creatively to business growth and development
- Relevant degree in Design, Marketing, Media or Journalism
- Minimum of five years’ experience in this field, especially design and digital marketing
- Experience with designing and producing content, writing and editing especially for digital platforms
- Experience with editing including reports, photos and video editing
- Experience with conceptualising, designing and producing infographics and creative data visualisation
- Experience of working in the development sector, or passion for development and/or travel
Values and attitudes:
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
- Tech savvy, strong digital skills and good SEO monitoring and Google Analytics skills
- Design creativity and ability, with very strong proficiency in InDesign is essential to this role
- A digital portfolio that showcases your digital and creative design skills
- Proficiency in Powtoon or other video editing platform an advantage
- Proficiency in WordPress an advantage
- Enthusiasm and commitment to socio-economic development
- Skilled, highly motivated, dynamic self-starter
- Lover of travel, new destinations and a global thinker
- Creative at heart and a keen story-teller
- Strong organisational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritise, multi-task, meet deadlines and work efficiently in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent communicator with the ability to build relationships, negotiate and network on all levels
- Strong drive, desire and commitment to work with the client over time to build the brands with energy and creativity
This is a full-time, Cape Town-based position working in our Woodstock office. Must be a South African citizen, or have a valid work permit. Salary is market-related and we offer excellent rewards for the right person. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview.
Application deadline: 19 November 2017To be considered for this role please ensure you share with us:
- your CV, with three contactable references (employers or clients)
- a motivation letter sharing why you are an ideal fit for this position
- your current remuneration and desired remuneration
- one example of your written work (it could be a blog, an article, a strategy, etc)
- samples of your design work in pdf, or a link to an online portfolio
Posted on 14 Nov 12:18
Get job alerts for Digital Marketer jobs